Whenever I get a blogging award, I can’t stop smiling for the rest of the day. 🙂 I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the wonderful blogger behind Journey with God. This is actually the second time I’ve been nominated for this award, but that doesn’t mean I’m any less excited!
After just reading just a few posts from Journey with God, her love for God and her longing to share Him with others becomes clear. I encourage you to check out her blog at http://4mygodsglory.wordpress.com/.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, link back to and recognize their blog in your post.
- Answer the ten questions posted by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
- Create ten questions for your nominees to answer.
- Notify your nominees via comment.
I’ve already got step one, so on to step two!
1. What are you most passionate about?
To live for Jesus! The one who gave His life for me, who loves me more than I could ever imagine. I think that’s part of the reason I’m also so passionate about writing and music. I can use both of them to bring glory to Him, while doing something I love!
2. What is your heart’s desire?
Okay, this is a tough one. I think what I want most is to be involved in the music ministry. It’s kind of weird, since I’m already on my church’s worship team; but I think my point is that I don’t want to do this while I’m in my teens and then go on to college to do something else. I want to continue in the ministry. Whether that means becoming a worship leader or something similar (like a Christian recording artist? I’m almost afraid to say it!), I’ll just have to wait and see what doors God opens. I also really want to write a book and have it published!
3. Who was (is?) the most influential person in your life?
My mom! I can talk to her about anything. She always there to support me and give a hug when I need one. I love you, Mama!
4. What are two items on your bucket list?
Publish a book… and… hmm. This is hard when I don’t even have a bucket list. Ooh! Learn to play the violin. 🙂 Oh! And study French in Paris!
How did I suddenly end up with three things?
5. How do you best handle heated/angry situations?
Compromise? It’s easier said than done.
6. What is your favorite scripture, and how has it helped you on your life’s journey?
Have I mentioned that these are all really hard questions? Haha 🙂 How do I choose just one? One of my favorite verses is Joshua 1:9. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” I memorized that years ago in Sunday school, and it’s stuck with me ever since. We all deal with fear and discouragement in our lives. This verse is a really good one to remember in times like that. Of course, then there’s Jeremiah 29:11, Philippians 4:13… but I’ll stop for now. 🙂
7. What do you think are the three qualities to building and maintaining good friendships/relationships?
1) Be the friend you’d want to have! In my opinion, you can’t expect to have good friends if you can’t be one yourself.
2) Be a good listener. Encourage your friend when they’re having a rough time. Give them a hug when they’re sad. Laugh with them when they’re happy!
3) Put your friend’s interests first. A good friend will do the same for you!
8. What was your most memorable moment in your life?
Some of my most memorable moments include spending my 9th birthday in Lisbon, Portugal, and getting lost in Venice (not by myself, lol)!
9. What is your favorite book/author and why?
Okay, I’m just going to pretend that question was in plural form, because otherwise this would be impossible! Favorite authors: Beverly Lewis, Ted Dekker, Frank Peretti, Joan Bauer, Shannon Hale. And I’m not really sure why! They just write such captivating stories. I’ve read so many books, I can’t think of a favorite!
10. If you could go anywhere in the world, no attention to cost, where would it be and why?
Copenhagen, Denmark. I went there once with my family, when I was nine. I can’t remember it very well, just that it struck me as incredibly beautiful, and I’ve wanted to go back ever since!
All right, so that’s that. 🙂 I nominate the following amazing bloggers:
- Calvary Training
- Did Jesus Have a Facebook Page?
- It’s a God thing…
- Men of One Accord
- Dance to Life
- The Bible Blotter
- The Experiment
- A Journey of Faith…
- The Someday M.D.
- Inspirational Christian Blogs
I just want to mention that I’m aware that a couple of these blogs are award-free; I don’t expect these bloggers to follow the instructions or acknowledge the award or anything. I just wanted to use this opportunity to share some blogs that I have been blessed by with others, and these few award-free blogs are included in that list!
Last but not least, my ten questions:
1. What is your earliest memory?
2. What is your favorite instrument, either to listen to or to play?
3. What is your favorite movie and why?
4. What is your favorite thing about being a blogger?
5. What is currently the biggest goal in your life?
6. What is your favorite food/cuisine?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
8. What is your favorite Bible verse/passage and why?
9. What is your greatest passion?
10. What person do you look up to most?
And that’s all for now! God bless and have a wonderful day!