On Friday I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, so I’d like to begin by thanking Cindy from Life on the Potter’s Wheel (I highly recommend checking out her blog)! I feel so blessed to have received this award.
Here’s a quick list of the rules if you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, share 7 things about yourself.
I’m not very active on the blogosphere, so I can’t quite list fifteen, but the following are blogs that I enjoy reading and have been blessed by:
- The Peacemaker Path
- Did Jesus Have A Facebook Page?
- Our Many Adventures
- Versatile Blogger Award 😉
- The Youth Rebellion
- The Experiment
- It’s A God Thing
And now, seven things about myself. Enjoy!
- There are three people (among many) in my life that I really need to thank. My mom for home schooling me, teaching me how to be healthy, and loving me (and many other things that would take far too long to list)! And, of course, all those late night conversations about guys, God, and whatever else lies on a girl’s heart; and for holding me when I’d had an especially bad day and just needed a shoulder to cry on. My dad for loving me, teaching me about God, and making me laugh when I didn’t think it was possible. My best friend for always being there for me as an encouragement and someone I can just pour my heart out to.
- I love to sing and play the piano (don’t tell anyone, but I sing in the shower), and I do both on my worship team at church. Being on a worship team has been my dream since I was in kindergarten, and that dream came true last July! I am so grateful for the privilege of leading others in worship, and I pray that I will be able to continue doing this for a very long time.
- Writing (and reading) is my passion! I hope to have a novel published while I’m still in my teens. I have also just begun working on a devotional for girls. Blogging undoubtedly has a lot to do with my love of writing. It was two years ago, in the summer, that I was inspired to start blogging. My youth pastor had let me borrow Do Hard Things by Alex and Brett Harris (which is an amazing book that you should definitely read). I was reading it before bed, and maybe ten pages into it I thought, “I want to do something.” I didn’t really know what that something was. The next morning, I started writing a few articles on Christian life. When I told my dad, he suggested that I start a blog (you can read those articles at the Christrock’s Blog). A couple months after, I started The Teen Theme.
- I do my best to eat healthily, although I usually can’t help myself at a buffet. Whenever we are able, we eat foods that are organic or non-GMO. Check out my blogs the Better Eating Blog and Natural Facts for more info.
- I love animals, but I love cats the most. I have two of my own; the first is named Willow and he’s four years old. He’s poofy (not fat), fluffy, and loves food more than anything else. The other is a little, affectionate black cat named Amber. Today is her second birthday! To find out more about them, go to The Willow Is Poofy Blog.
- I really enjoy volunteering. From 2008 – 2010 I volunteered at libraries during the summer, as well as most of 2011. For the past two years I’ve volunteered at my church’s Vacation Bible School, and I’m really looking forward to doing it this year. And this summer I’m volunteering at my neighbor’s veterinary clinic–fun!
- I got saved when I was five years old. To be honest, I don’t remember it at all. What I do know is that it was the best decision in my life. There are so many things in my life that I’m not sure I could have gotten through without God. He has done so much in my life and in the lives of those around me. I’m doing my best to follow His plan for my life; I have no idea what that plan is, but I know that it will be what is best for me!
It’s time for me to sign off for now. Thanks for reading, and have a blessed day!